Thursday, November 25, 2010

Blog Post: Video & Guest Post: Joe Cahn recaps Bing National Tailgating Championship Eastern Regional Finals

Last weekend the Bing National Tailgate Championship thundered into New York’s New Meadowland Stadium, where the “Winters Brothers” took the regional title and the right to compete in Dallas/Fort Worth on February, 3rd.

The next event will take place at the University of Phoenix Stadium on Sunday, December 5th. From there, the Bing Team will move on to New Orleans, Seattle and finally Dallas/Fortworth for the championship. If you’re in the area, come check out the competition see how Bing can help you make the most of your game day decisions.

Joe Cahn joins us again this week with a recap of the event as well few things he’s thankful for this football season.

Have a great holiday from all of us at Bing!

Thankful for so many things


by Joe Cahn

This past weekend at the New Meadowlands was legendary.

We had the legendary comedian and SNL alum Joe Piscopo, the legendary Jets receiver Wesley Walker and the legend of competitive eating Crazy Legs Conti (who once ate his way out of a pile of popcorn.)

And we had great teams competing in the Bing National Tailgating Championship that added to that legend -- with The Winter Brothers taking the regional and punching their ticket to the Super Bowl in February.

Actually, now that I think of it, every stop on the tour has had “legend” written all over it. Houston, Denver, East Rutherford -- and three more stops to go including Phoenix, my hometown of New Orleans and Seattle.

We’re getting a little break for the next couple of weeks. It’s the holiday and it seems like as good a time as any for us to catch our breath.

It’s also a good time for us to pause and give thanks.

At the Jets game this past weekend, it was Military Appreciation Day. We had a chance to chat with active military and veterans -- and thank them for their service to our great country. Our military, whether past or present, makes a commitment to the Unites States and I think I speak for many people when I say that I am truly thankful for the sacrifices they have made and continue to make.

I’m also grateful for all of the amazing people that I have met.

Since I started this journey back in 1996, I have made so many friends. These are now familiar faces who continue to celebrate the community in the parking lot all around the country. They tailgate not because it’s just fun -- but because they share a connection and a bond with other fans. Taligating is a uniquely American endeavor and that community continues to grow and share together.

I think that bond is best illustrated during the Bing National Tailgating Championship. I have spoken to tailgaters in each city who show tremendous generosity, not just for the home team, but for fans from opposing teams. This brotherhood and sisterhood is on display every weekend. Even if someone is wearing the other team’s colors, these tailgaters go out of their way to show real hospitality.

But, what I am most grateful for is simply this: I get to do what I love every day. I get to taste some amazing food. I get to see every side of fandom.I get to travel around the country and share stories.

It’s the stories that I love most.

Each one is different -- but there is a common thread that runs through all of them: real people who are out to have a good time every weekend.

There’s also another thread that runs through it all: smiles.

Big smiles. And plenty of thanks.

I would like to thank the good folks at Bing for making the Bing National Tailgating Championship such a blast. I am thankful that you got al of us together to celebrate all of the good in the parking lots around the country.

I’d also like to thank all of you -- the fans.

You get out there every weekend and help make this the greatest job that anyone could every have.

And for that, I will always be thankful.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone -- and I’ll see you down the road.

- Joe “The Commish” Cahn

AUTODESK AUTOMATIC DATA PROCESSING AVNET BHARTI AIRTEL BT GROUP

No comments:

Post a Comment