Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ask Slashdot: Becoming a Network Administrator?

J. L. Tympanum writes "After many years as a star programmer, I have taken a position which involves maintaining and rebuilding the in-house network of a small company. There are maybe 100 machines, a mix of blade servers running Linux and desktop PCs running Windows of all flavors. Basically, I have to learn networking from scratch. I have been given an 'unlimited' budget to buy routers, switches, etc., to set up my own little test network as part of the learning process. So the question is: what's the right strategy here? What routers or switches or other equipment should I acquire? What books should I read? Should I take classes from Cisco, Global Knowledge, my local community college, or somewhere else?"

Read more of this story at Slashdot.


SAIC ROCKWELL AUTOMATION RF MICRO DEVICES RED HAT RADISYS

No comments:

Post a Comment